The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Saturday January 6, 2018 at 17:46
Hasbeen
Loyal Member
November 2007
On January 6, 2018 at 17:06, Ranger Home said...
I express the work that was done. Encourage them when they show off their rack to show off the BACK of the rack. Customer are proud when YOU are proud and it shows. For me, that works better than begging.

You're assuming that everyone here is doing the exact same thing. They're not..Some guys make their living doing Control 4, some guys hang TV's and do Sonos...So, there's no rack to show..  You can only point at a ceiling speaker so many times before people think you're bat shit crazy.

I never said anything about sounding desperate, or falling down on your knees begging.....What I'm saying is you tell them multiple times, in a strategic way so they remember.

Once at the end of the project.. " Ms. Smith, we really appreciate the business, we hope you're happy with the installation, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to call us (while pointing at phone number on invoice or card).  Also, if you have any friends or family that might be interested in (whatever you do). please pass a long our information.

Say the same thing on the follow up phone call a week later...

Then they receive a newsletter email that month with the incentive to refer..

It never ceases to amaze me how many guys I talk to that are struggling with their business, but don't want to contact any customers or potential customers to get business....It doesn't compute in my head..

I'd care to make a wager that a guy who's been in business for a minimum 10 years could make an additional 50k-100k per year by periodically contacting his existing customers just to check in with them....How many do it?  ZERO.

It's mind boggling to me.

Last edited by Hasbeen on January 6, 2018 18:06.

Hosting Services by ipHouse