The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Saturday January 6, 2018 at 11:39
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On January 5, 2018 at 11:47, CI256 said...
Thanks for the recommendations. I’ll check those out. I have been out of the installation game for several years now but we always used to use 12v triggers for simple commercial setups. Even the screen did not have 12v trigger capability. I had to order a separate module. It was my own fault for just assuming that the projector had a trigger output. Is this a feature that is disappearing?

So, you're saying that you ordered a 12V trigger module and it now has this feature?

I installed a screen from SnapAV and it has IR and 12V trigger- what screen are you using- many house of worship installations use Bretford.

If you now have 12V trigger ability for the screen and that 20-2 wire is available from the projector, can I assume the trigger module needs 12VDC to drop the screen and 0V to raise it? If so, you can use the remote switch in the link I posted and use an adapter to make one outlet power two devices, so you can connect a 12VDC wall wart and a Bosch-style relay. YOu should be able to buy one from any car audio/security shop, auto parts store, Parts Express, etc- they're cheap and a security camera wall wart is good enough.

My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse