The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Saturday January 6, 2018 at 10:27
Carlton Bale
Founding Member
February 2002
I'm looking into Control4 for whole-house automation after extensive analysis of URC and RTI. Control4 is a much bigger company with a lot more resources, and their technology is clearly leading (in ways that aren't obvious at first glance - such as no router port forward required for remote services, automatic backup of your config files to their cloud, ability to immediately switch between dealers with no transfer of config files or programming ownership, etc.) And they also have more and better third-party device integrations than anyone else. That said, their remote control looks kinda dated and doesn't have much of a screen, but users seem to like it.

As far as DIY, Composer Pro is not available to end users but Composer Home Edition is. HE does a lot of what Pro does - the big difference is that Pro is required to add new device drivers. Both can edit the configuration, scripts, etc.

You'll need a pro/dealer to get started. I recommend going to C4forums.com and finding one of the remote integration dealers. They will sell you hardware, you install it, and they will do the initial setup remotely. There are some pros there who are very good and worth what you pay them - lots of stories of them remoting-in and fixing installs other dealers have messed up.

I hope this helps!

Last edited by Carlton Bale on January 6, 2018 15:34.
Carlton Bale
[Link: carltonbale.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse