The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday January 3, 2018 at 10:03
Mario
Loyal Member
November 2006
Guys, as the year closed, I ran mental math and figured that over last year I spend close to 50 hours on the phone, helping clients, discussing options, etc. None was billed. Even at 1/2 billable time, that's over $2,000.

With that preface; does anyone have anything they're willing to share publicly or PM about language used to communicate the need/benefits of simple remote and phone support for residential clients on a subscription type basis?

I currently don't offer service or support plans, nor have I ever billed for phone support.
Back in the day, it used to be 1-2 minute conversations that usually resulted in service call and/or upgrade/replacement of old gear.

Now I find myself supporting clients remotely (VPN, C4, OVRC) where conversations are taking 10-40 minutes and more often than not the issue is corrected while on the phone.
I don't want to just start sending a invoices (yes, it's my right; yes, lawyers do it all the time).
I would like to communicate with clients first; offering monthly plans, which might include discounted time, etc. but which must have limits on # of hours per month/quarter/year and spell out that onsite visits are still billable (whether discounted or not).
I don't want to reinvent the wheel.
No, I'm not going to contact an attorney.
No, I'm not worry about someone 'misinterpreting' the agreement and suing me for all I've got.

Hosting Services by ipHouse