The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Sunday December 31, 2017 at 11:20
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On December 30, 2017 at 22:34, Craig Aguiar-Winter said...
I certainly don't have 181 pro control remotes out in the wild but I have a. Couple dozen.

I also am not experiencing this hour glass lock up. Although I don't use the hour glass, all it is is a page jump with a timer that is matched to the length of a macro prior to jumping to the activity page.

These remotes are not just a step above a Harmony. They are much more powerful but that power is wasted if the programming isn't sound. Maybe your isntaller has had the issue with other clients. Especially if his programming isn't good and he's repeating the same mistakes.

I'm not saying he's crap. Maybe you are unlucky. I'm saying maybe have someone else go over the programming. You've invested in it. You deserve for it to work.

The emitter thing you are looking to do is a work around and beyond what the Harmonies are meant to do. The Procontrols can track the state of components using variable or inputs. Harmonies can only track them selves. I think you may be inviting even more frustration.

Craig

If you haven't looked at the new remotes, don't go by past history to describe them. The Harmony Elite can control via IP and they have more of this coming, including Denon and AppleTV, next month.

They do track states, just not in the same way as others and it's not shown in the same way. The Help function is part of this and it does work. I have a customer who can't use a Harmony 650 but he loves the Elite. In one case, the wife, who freely admits that she's a technical bozo, called to say that she had to talk her husband off the ledge when he couldn't operate the Master BR system. Took me a few minutes to turn on the power amp (it has audio sense), set the receiver's speaker output to A and try every function. He says he likes to build computers. Good for him!
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse