The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Wednesday December 27, 2017 at 22:39
tomciara
Loyal Member
May 2002
On December 22, 2017 at 15:36, Warren said...
x. RTI acts like im the only one having this problem.

I've had multiple failures with the T2i. MOST of the time, removing and reinstalling the battery will bring them back to life again.

Have sent several back to RTI but I am ALSO one of those people who is the "Only one having this problem." One recent one went back. Reportedly had the main circuit board replaced.... it lasted 24 hours in the home before it died again.

I sent one in recently that had started randomly sending out commands nonstop, lighting the flashers continuously at full brightness. Sent it in. Bad circuit board, water damage. They sent a picture of the water damage. These clients are over 70 years old, and the most meticulous people I know. They were incredulous and so was I. What could we do? It lasted from September until two weeks ago.

Since it had water damage, it is not replaceable under any kind of warranty. I had to give the client my brand new spare, because they don't want that defective remote any longer. The battery cover had fallen off too. I am going to ask RTI to step to the plate, but…
There is no truth anymore. Only assertions. The internet world has no interest in truth, only vindication for preconceived assumptions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse