The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Wednesday December 27, 2017 at 21:10
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On December 27, 2017 at 21:01, cshepard said...
Hope everyone’s had/having a happy holiday season. We’re doing a rough-in on a new home for a client who has a lot of hi-fi gear. We need to wire for a pair of XLR connections where the wire length will be around 70-80 feet (think pre/pro in closet rack; amps in adjacent room near speakers). If this were a commercial application I would just run shielded 18/2 & call it a day. What would you suggest that would be a step above that, but not crazy? The budget will not allow for crazy. Any other tips or considerations? Thanks guys.

Belden makes cable that will work and the diameter is very small so if doesn't take up much space in the conduit. It's not expensive- I'll post the number later.

Edit- I used Belden 8451 and Neutrik ends- get the ones with a rubber boot and small hole, for strain relief.

I used a piece of the roll so I could install an Echo Dot in a kitchen and feed the audio into the AV system and heard no noise when I tried it with my iPhone last week, but that wasn't connected to an outlet, so I don't know if I'll have any grounding issues at this time. It had to run past and very near several power wires and the sound was noiseless using headphones plugged into the preamp.

Last edited by highfigh on December 28, 2017 08:57.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse