Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 38 made on Wednesday December 27, 2017 at 01:59
SB Smarthomes
July 2007
The fire is 86% contained now after burning for about 3 weeks and consuming more than 440 square miles of land. Media stated that it's the largest fire in California history.

The firefighters had enough time to prepare here in Santa Barbara that they were able to save most of the homes and made it possible for everyone to get back into their homes last Thursday (many were evacuated for 2 weeks).

The video is from a surveillance camera in the back of a client's property. Firefighters were onsite here for several days doing there best to protect the house. The mountain burned all the way down to the back of the guest house and caused significant damage to landscaping and some structures on the hillside, but none of the main buildings were burned.

You can see a pile of fire hose in the lower right corner abandoned by the fire department before they had to flee.  I can't tell for sure, but I think the strong winds at times are helicopters making water drops to keep the guest house (which is just out of the frame on the right) from burning.

I was monitoring cameras for the homeowners until they went out.  This camera didn't survive and the house was without power for 4 days (power poles burned) and without ISP service for 5-6 days (their infrastructure at the road burned).

" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen>
www.sbsmarthomes.com
Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Hosting Services by ipHouse