The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 42 made on Monday December 25, 2017 at 16:34
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On December 25, 2017 at 15:14, Mac Burks (39) said...
I hope you are joking. Muslim terrorists held Americans hostage in their own embassy for a year and a half. This was literally the beginning of modern middle eastern/"Muslim" terrorism against the United States. [Link: en.wikipedia.org]

Nope. That was Sirhan Sirhan killing Bobby Kennedy, and there were probably less devastating offenses before that that were not even blips on anybody's radar.

But, yeah, how was that NOT in America? Reagan won the election, not Carter, and Carter's feckless inability to do anything was a big part of that.

On December 25, 2017 at 12:46, Hi-FiGuy said...
If it really was that small and easy it would be done already.
Better start training the coal miners to fix solar panels.
Tree huggers giving up 12 million acres of land, not likely.

There's lots of land with no trees on it that they wouldn't have to give up.

Frankly, though, tree huggers are an interestingly focused and ignoring group. Every time I go to a restaurant and I see a gas-fired cool looking light fixture, the purpose of which is only to look cool, I think about environmentalists. And when I see how big the pilot lights are on ALL the restaurant stoves I run across (lots of 'em), I wonder where the environmentalists are.

I haven't done enough study to do a proper rant on this, but: keurig cups. One use, then trash. One friggin' cup of coffee.

Environmentalists are not savvy enough to be serious, or not serious enough to know all the things they're ignoring.

Back to our regular topic now, I guess...
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse