The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 38 made on Monday December 25, 2017 at 15:14
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On December 25, 2017 at 11:52, Fins said...
Like I said, you need to read the whole history, not the talking points. First, solar panels in the 70’s didn’t produce electricity. So stop confusing them with the panels available now. They were tied into the heating system. And, as I previously stated, those types of panels didn’t work well. They could only run wide open, often heating the water to high.

The company that installed the panels was mystified at the Reagan administrations wanting to remove a functioning system. But i guess everyone but the expert knew better. Bottom line is that it was a technological step in the right direction...that the Oil companies buried via their puppet president...so that Americans could stay addicted to oil from the middle east.

Second, at that time, terrorism was not a concern to us. The Middle East radicals had not yet really been created, and they had not target the US. The big event at that time was still the 72 slaughtering of the Israeli Olympic athletes. Once the oil embargo that OPEC had put in place was settled, there was no energy crisis. There was the Iran embassy siege in 1980, but that was in Iran, not in the US.

I hope you are joking. Muslim terrorists held Americans hostage in their own embassy for a year and a half. This was literally the beginning of modern middle eastern/"Muslim" terrorism against the United States. [Link: en.wikipedia.org]

As for oil companies replacing Carter, Carter got himself replaced. Truth is, he was probably too good of a man to ever try to deal with Washington. But even so, his administration was filled with problems. On top of the oil crisis, there was the economy, then the Iran embassy, then there was the complete and utter failure of the hostage rescue attempt that killed 8 Special Forces operators and left wreckage of one of our helicopters and one of our planes burned up in the Iranian Desert. All of this after the Country was still fresh with scars from Vietnam and most people weren’t trusting the government.

Like I said, the truth never fits in a two sentence talking point.

Two sentences like "terrorism wasn't a concern to us" and "Iran embassy"?

Let's not forget how the Iranian revolution got off the ground. Hint...US meddling.
[Link: en.m.wikipedia.org]
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse