Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Sunday December 24, 2017 at 19:27
Hi-FiGuy
January 2004
On December 24, 2017 at 13:15, Fins said...
On a related note, has anyone seen the articles on Subaru has turned their plant into a zero landfill manufacturing facility?

[Link: scientificamerican.com]

Impressive.

Human waste in general, packaging specifically, is something that bothers me.

I used to install phone systems and the actual desk phone came in a box, lined with form fitting foam cut outs for every piece of the phone and every piece of the phone inside the box was in its own individual plastic bag.

The wiper blades for a Maserati Ghibli or Quattroporte come as a set in one box. Inside that box each blade is in its own individual box with the empty space filled with packing paper. Inside each box is the blade wrapped in bubble wrap. Inside the bubble wrap is a wiper blade in its own individual plastic bag. Once out of the plastic bag each blade has its own slide on protector for the rubber part of the blade.
Pisses me off every time I open a set. They are tired of hearing about it from me.

I would like to see some kind of report on how much waste is being generated by amazon.

If we ate better as humans we would also be generating less waste as we would be buying food that didnt come in packages to begin with.

Farm to table.

Hosting Services by ipHouse