The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Sunday December 24, 2017 at 15:48
Knowinnothin
Long Time Member
May 2011
I’m failing to see the need for cat 7 through the dealership. The bottleneck in the dealership will always be the internet feed in and or the switching.

I work for a property management company dealing with wireless internet/cellular towers. We sold the wireless internet division recently but shortly before we did that division moved into a new office. We ran cat5 through the office building for the workstations, displays and phones, longest run under 200 feet.

We have maybe 125 users on the network during the day locally. Our NOC, residential and corporate customer service, reception, admin, special projects and executive team all work in this building. Our switching is all fibre 10g however our servers and storage appliances are cat6, we are using aggregated and redundant connections for this but regardless our bottleneck has been and always will be our outside connections.

We started with a 100mb connection and it was very useable but from a techie point of view it needed a bump. Once we started feeding customers locally we bumped the speed to 1gig and it’s more then adequate. Outside of HDMI uses I fail to see the need for cat 7 and at that point as soon as you consider HDMI stop playing around and run fibre.

Hosting Services by ipHouse