The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Sunday December 24, 2017 at 14:28
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On December 24, 2017 at 14:17, Hasbeen said...
Doesn't SONOS say if you have 1 sonos unit hardwired .....don't hardwire the others?  Maybe that's the issue?

I could be wrong about this, but I swear I had Sonos tech support tell me that years ago when I was experiencing a similar, but not exactly the same issue..

I think I heard the same, then I heard something different (if you have two connects, wire the first to the router/switch and the second to the extra port on the first one (which is what I did), then connect the rest to the WiFi network. Then, I called because I had read so many conflicting recommendations and tech support confirmed the way I was doing it.

Who the eff knows? I don't know why we can't just wire the ones with a port and connect the rest to their own network in the router as long as it supports more than one SSID. I understand using their bridge if the place allows good signal in all parts of the building but that's not the case in all houses.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse