The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Sunday December 24, 2017 at 12:41
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On December 24, 2017 at 12:38, tomciara said...
Yes, Sonos was good for three years, but now it seems to be a broadcast storm issue. Comcast gateway in the office, ethernet cable to the family room Sonos, ethernet cable to the living room Sonos at the far, far end of the house. Should be clear from a Sonosnet connection.

The Internet becomes intermittently, painfully slow until you unplug the ethernet going to the family room. In the family room, it goes through a Pakedge switch to the Blu-ray, the AVR, and the Connect: amp. A Connect sits right beside the Connect amp, not wired.

Guessing that when I go back, I will turn off Sonosnet, and wire the last Connect and be done. But why would it work for three solid years? Some firmware update to Sonos changed it?

I recently read about how to turn off the Sonos Net when they're all wired to the router and their bridge isn't used- I suspect it's the cause of the problems I have had at one residence and I'm going to check into it next week because I have two Connect next to the router and a WAP in the office.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse