The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Saturday December 23, 2017 at 22:38
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On December 23, 2017 at 20:46, highfigh said...
I know someone who went off the grid around 1990- last time I spoke with him about ten years ago, he said he had replaced the batteries once and they were really nothing special but they weren't abused, either. He said they have a two story house with a fireplace on each floor but even in the worst part of Wisconsin Winters, they almost never directly heated the upstairs because the first floor was enough for the whole house.

This reminds me of detail from a GREAT and funny book, A Girl Named Zippy -- Growing up in the 60s in Moorehead, Indiana.

They had a two bedroom house but in the winter the parents and three kids ended up living in the living room and kitchen because they couldn't afford to heat the other rooms. In a real way, your friend can't afford to heat the entire house. It's just stated in a way that doesn't sound like poverty.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse