The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Saturday December 23, 2017 at 10:04
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On December 23, 2017 at 02:09, Ernie Gilman said...
I'll get the model number when I can.

Okay, why is the USB outlet useless? Is it that there's no product that can take a USB digitization (whatever that is) of an audio signal and transmit it as bluetooth?

It's not that it needs to be put through a phono equalizer -- the audio would have to be equalized before being digitized for it to work with any recording program. I mean, an unequalized phono signal is about 20 dB down at 20 Hz and 20 dB up at 15 kHz (don't know the exact frequencies)! There's NO WAY you could just digitize that and send it to Audacity or a better recording program.

The USB output will communicate with a computer but the stream is subject to the codec chosen by the manufacturer- if it's not compatible with the input (AAC vs WMP, as an example), you get bupkis.

You might want to look deeper into Audacity and some of the other programs- I thought at least one had RIAA equalization as an option although you could always use a phono preamp at the turntable (or, maybe the TT has a phono preamp with analog out).

Why use USB? It adds processing to the signal and it adds complexity to the system. If you had a signal that came from a phono preamp, you have many more options.

How much distance between the TT and the rest of the system? BT is not without its own problems. Is there a way to use a USB extension?

Have you seen this?

[Link: minidsp.com]
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse