Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday December 22, 2017 at 11:39
Rnvirogreen
Lurking Member
December 2017
Hi,

I'm a DIY (so I know URC gets a bump over RTI), but for this discussion let's assume that I am hiring someone to do the programming.

I have Sonos (6 connect Amps) that I will want to use the single iPad interface), I have family room theatre (with all components in the rack downstairs, using global cache), I have a 7.4.2 home theatre in the basement (UHD blue ray, xbox one, switch, projector, Bell Fibe TV), We have IP cameras connected to NVR (Hikvision), august doorbells and door lock, multiple Dots, and Instead/ISY for lighting.

I want to have all of this in one IOS application, plus a more traditional remote for the family room and one for the home theatre.

I was using iRules to do much of that, but since the company was sold and development has stopped I'm looking for something new. I tried Harmony Hub / Harmony Elite which is okay for the remote in the family room, but the iOS app is really poor and it definitely doesn't do the other things well.

I am not looking to take on the cost of Control4, creation, etc which is why I'm looking at URC and RTI. Obviously (as I said earlier) my preference is to be able to do this myself or at least to be able to make changes after initial setup myself. If that's not an option for RTI I would still be interested if the cost/benefit made sense.

Really hoping the experts here can help me with this decision - what will I get/not get with each.

Hosting Services by ipHouse