Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday December 21, 2017 at 09:35
Craig Aguiar-Winter
September 2002
An enthusiast friend of mine has asked me for advice and I'll admit that the in depth 4k stuff is something I'm still struggling to fully learn.

He has a PS4 pro, a Denon AVR-x4300w, and an LG OLED C7P, and I havn't confirmed that the cables are 18gb/s but presume they are as he's savvy and aware that they are needed. But I will confirm. I'll also confirm the length.

He's able to get 4k HDR with the PS connected right to the TV but not through the AVR.

From my friend:

"I've narrowed it down to the receiver not sending 18 gbps of bandwidth 4:4:4 chroma subsampling yet I dunno if there's a way to force AVR-x4300H to do that. Also, all the HDMI ports at the back of the receiver resulted in sound without video. Kinda strange that I've to use the front Auxiliary HDMI to get the PS4 Pro to produce sound and video to TV. Do you know if the AVR-x4400H is not plagued with these problems?

I've attached a PDF of the problems I'm encountering. I upgraded to 4K, only to be able to use HDR with the good ol 1080p. If I'd known, I'd not have even bought a PS4 PRO because the regular PS4 can do HDR just fine.

Thanks."

I told him the standard firmware updates and ensuring 18gb/s cables are used. I suggested he contact Denon support but honestly I'm not optimistic there. They'll blame everything else.

You guys are the only people I trust for actual answers so I would really appreciate if you could offer some advice.

Thanks.

Craig.

Edit:

He sent me a PDF of some screen shots with useful info but I don't know how to post it so if you could tell me how I will, haha. Thanks.
My wife says I can't do sarcasm. She says I just sound like an a$$hole.

Hosting Services by ipHouse