The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 56 made on Thursday December 21, 2017 at 02:12
tomciara
Loyal Member
May 2002
On November 8, 2017 at 06:43, goldenzrule said...
Agree to disagree. I have a Thunderbolt from like 80 years ago that will runs stuff while I couldn't even get a iPad mini to simply pull up Portal to check some stuff. That iPad has a completely fresh install and up to date. I have a Note3 that was replaced only because the screen got smashed and I figured I'd upgrade to the Note7 (grrr). That phone still runs anything you throw it. My iPad 2, I think I can use the calculator app on it.

I've had iPhones, 4 of them. I've had iPads, 3 of them. I've had Macs, 3 of them. ALL of them needed replacement prematurely after updates rendered them useless or incredibly slow. I liked the fit and finish but that was secondary to function. Except the 7s I had. That felt cheap and like a toy. It just didn't have the solid feel of the previous iPhones I had.

I'm not a fanboy nor conspiracy guy, but... my wife's iPad 2 was crashing safari all the time. Simple needs, email and web browsing, and ka-bam all the time. Just cause it got old and kept getting updated.

I'm typing this on an iPad mini 2 that I've always loved. It works mostly, but with Safari, Chrome, or Opera, web browsing is iffy with a lot of crashes. I'd buy a new one but they may be phasing out minis. NBA.com is a crash test site and painfully slow if it does not crash. That's just one example.

When we went back to the Apple Store, I tried NBA.com on a new iPad, of course it is fine. Wifey got a new one and her crashes are gone completely. I have to make do.

So I would think that over time these might become slower, but still usable. The truth is that they become unusable. Maybe it is just me and my family that sees it.

My Samsung tablet just chugs along. My old desktop is slower, but keeps rolling. I think my laptop is going on 4 - no speed burner, but always works.

Is it Apple not ensuring backwards compatibility, or adding bugs to iOS? We'll never know. I keep using Apple gear because most clients do and my family does.

Except for one son that bought a $49 LG phone with a bigger, brighter display that won't quit and is amazing. No $30 payments for 27 months ($810.00!!)
There is no truth anymore. Only assertions. The internet world has no interest in truth, only vindication for preconceived assumptions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse