Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 47 made on Wednesday December 20, 2017 at 16:20
Craig Aguiar-Winter
September 2002
I've thought about that as well. I don't match internet only prices but I do my best to compete with Bestbuy. I try to see things as though I were the customer. If someone expected me to pay more for something I knew I could get cheaper I would be upset.

Most of what I sell isn't available at BB, and that's on purpose, with the exception of TVs and receivers. If my client's want to procure a few items themselves I let them. I bill for every bit of my involvement. If they have to wait around for a TV delivery, not my problem. If it delays the install, they get slotted whenever I next have time. This is all explained to them. Most people are happy to pay a little more, if needed to not have to worry about waiting for a delivery. If they want to take on that hassle that's up to them.

Even with the gear I sell, if it fails soon after install, I bill for the time it takes to re-re it. I'm not at fault for a manufacturers defect. My installs are not what's failing. I used to offer free re-re within the warranty period but now a days everything is a piece of crap.

I know you didn't really get into the with your reply, and I kind of wandered there. Maybe what I'm saying is that aside from me handling deliveries they gain little else by buying the product from me if the price isn't competitive.

They get my knowledge and good service, but that's paid for in the design and installation.

I applaud you for being able to do that. Maybe I'm just not there yet.

Craig.
My wife says I can't do sarcasm. She says I just sound like an a$$hole.

Hosting Services by ipHouse