The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Monday December 18, 2017 at 14:34
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On December 18, 2017 at 10:44, bclxj said...
There's no need for name calling.

Although I can certainly understand a company's desire to avoid tech support surrounding this sort of thing, I am computer competent and told my dealer I would not bother them with questions surrounding programming the MX-890. they still will not allow me to program myself.

That said, I do expect there to be some basic guidance manual (like received with the late MX-350 or MX-450). Or why not make a youtube video explaining how to do some basic programming items? My point is simply that not all customers are incapable of doing it. How do "dealers" become qualified? Could I not attend the same "training" as a dealer and learn how to do the programming, even if there is a charge for the training? Again, my point is that there are avenues for customer programming that won't involve support calls and shouldn't have to require being a dealer.

Do you have a business license, reseller certificate, reach minimum annual numbers, store front, anything? Because you will need at least a couple of these at minimum to become a dealer. Name calling, funny. Did you not read the part where he called myself and every other dealer a scam artist for simply following the rules set forth by the company we have a long lasting business relationship with? Did you read the part where he called any dealer that uses the higher end automation line clueless who don't know how to run a business? No? Ok then. Perhaps take in everything said before said it was not warranted to call a spade spade.

The funny thing is I used to help out many people on this forum. I created some tutorials and posted. I would send software to those in a bind. I would look at files when inexperienced folks had trouble and got stuck and would send back the fixed file. I have even programmed complete remotes for average john doe's that come here that were simply stuck. I don't do that anymore because of the barrage of people that find it is perfectly ok to call me and others like me all kinds of names that are not warranted simply because they could not get the software, which is NOT a dealer problem but a manufacturer problem.

Hosting Services by ipHouse