Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 36 made on Monday December 18, 2017 at 13:49
SB Smarthomes
July 2007
Fire still causing big impacts here.  All of Montecito and part of Santa Barbara are under mandatory evacuations since early Saturday and a large part of Santa Barbara is under a voluntary evacuation.

Strong winds really fueled the fire Saturday and we were able to see tall flames up in the mountain standing in our front yard.  I was monitoring a property via cameras Saturday morning and they had fire crews onsite and bushes/hedges burning at the edge of the property and then the cameras went out and I haven't been able to reconnect again.

Many of my clients have been evacuated for more than a week now and several of the properties are still offline, so not really sure about damage.

Saturday morning during all the evacuations the Northbound 101 freeway was shut down because of the fire so no one could enter town... on the other side of town the Northbound 101 heading out of town was shut down for around 20hrs because a gas tanker overturned and shut down the freeway.  Highway 192 which is a mountain pass was also closed down for fire truck access so basically any road that was still open was grid-locked with people trying to relocate.

Yesterday and today have been much better and a few more houses have been lost but firefighters have been getting it under control.  Evacuations remain in effect until at least Thursday because strong winds are forecast for Wednesday which could quickly drive the fire back into town.

Media is saying this is now the 3rd largest fire in California history.
www.sbsmarthomes.com
Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Hosting Services by ipHouse