The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Monday December 18, 2017 at 10:44
bclxj
Lurking Member
December 2017
On December 15, 2017 at 20:43, goldenzrule said...
You're an idiot. Really. If you think a line that is and will never be available to end user, just like C4, Savant, AMX, RTI, Crestron and all other pro level control/automation systems is a racket simply because an end user does not have access. Also your COMPLETELY ridiculous comment that a dealer is a scam artist if they won't provide software. URC made it clear that the path of support for an end user that gets software from a dealer will be that dealer. I don't have time to even eat lunch OR dinner some days, I certainly do not have time to take phone support calls for someone that is stuck in how to do some basic or not so basic programming. I don't NOT hand it software to screw a customer, I don't do it simply because I don't have time. And for that you call me a scam artist?

There's no need for name calling.

Although I can certainly understand a company's desire to avoid tech support surrounding this sort of thing, I am computer competent and told my dealer I would not bother them with questions surrounding programming the MX-890. they still will not allow me to program myself.

That said, I do expect there to be some basic guidance manual (like received with the late MX-350 or MX-450). Or why not make a youtube video explaining how to do some basic programming items? My point is simply that not all customers are incapable of doing it. How do "dealers" become qualified? Could I not attend the same "training" as a dealer and learn how to do the programming, even if there is a charge for the training? Again, my point is that there are avenues for customer programming that won't involve support calls and shouldn't have to require being a dealer.

Last edited by bclxj on December 18, 2017 10:54.

Hosting Services by ipHouse