The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Sunday December 17, 2017 at 20:55
tomciara
Loyal Member
May 2002
On December 17, 2017 at 14:13, Brad Humphrey said...
No,
​Imaging is a product of most all of the audio frequency. We take spatial cues from quite a large response. The bottom end of that is a topic of controversy, with most arguing in the range of 70-120Hz.
But certainly response differences in the 120-260Hz range (on average) can make a slight difference in imaging as well. Those frequencies can certainly be affected by enclosure volume.

I am not convinced that imaging and sound stage are affected by improving the bottom end. I haven't read anything that leads me to believe otherwise.

Maybe the terms are the issue. I consider soundstage and imaging to be the process that lets you close your eyes and "see" where singers or musicians are on the stage. Considering the primary frequencies of most instruments and voices, lowering the bass response from 80-100Hz down to 40-60Hz isn't going to open up the sound stage and help me pinpoint a guitar, violin, or vocalist.
There is no truth anymore. Only assertions. The internet world has no interest in truth, only vindication for preconceived assumptions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse