The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Sunday December 17, 2017 at 10:11
cgroth
Founding Member
April 2002
On December 4, 2017 at 12:48, goldenzrule said...
Try this. I am not sure if the 990 has the same bootloader as a 890, or the same process, but its worth trying. This is the process on the 890 so hopefully the same:

To enter Bootloader mode, remove battery. With battery removed, press and hold Power On and Mute (keep holding both down). Reinsert battery and depress buttons. You will get a message that the files are not found and to connect to a PC and download. Before doing this, remove battery and reinsert. It should find your files.

THAT WORKED! :-) YOU ARE MY HERO! THANK YOU!!

It didn't work exactly as you described, I didn't get a message regarding missing files or connecting to a PC, it seemed that it worked as a factory default reset, but that was exactly what I wanted. I updated the software and downloaded the latest config, and everything now seems to be OK. Fantastic news, I was planning to go to the post office tomorrow to send it back to URC in a hope that they would bother to look at it for me.

I didn't see this 'trick' anywhere, is it in the documentation for the MX-990?
If not I think it should be posted as a sticky or something? Very useful! THANKS AGAIN!

Hosting Services by ipHouse