The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday December 15, 2017 at 20:48
TwistedMelon
Long Time Member
December 2004
A dealer who sells someone the remote without the software is a scammer. If you don't provide the software, then you'd better not sell the remote. It's pretty straight forward. I'm assuming you're as up-front and uncouth with your customers, in that vein you're not scamming. That way they'll know what they're getting into.

There are plenty of dealers who aren't up front. And there are plenty who are polite and straight forward who will sell the remote and provide the software with the understanding that they are not a front-line support hotline - just like any other business that sells anyone else's product.

CCP line is easy to set up and any difficulties seem to be by design - the software paradigm is abysmal. It's definitely not something ready for prime-time and the general public that can barely set up a Harmony, but that doesn't mean there aren't millions of people and monkeys out there that can have it licked in an afternoon.

I've been using URC products for almost 10 years, but I still don't respect the company nor do I respect dealers with chips on their shoulders. Been here on this forum for over 13 years and not much has changed in that respect.

I visit very now and then and immediately become depressed at the sad state of the remote control and consumer automation industry. Just like going to CES every year and walking around like a zombie because everyone is just showing the same boring crap as the years before.

Last edited by TwistedMelon on December 15, 2017 20:56.
https://TwistedMelon.com - Mira & Manta IR - Remote Control Your Apps

Hosting Services by ipHouse