Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday December 13, 2017 at 04:02
crosen
April 2009
Client asked me to recommend a security provider for a spec residential project where I am doing the automation, and I recommended someone I'd worked with before. However, that provider is now pretty adamant about putting in place a configuration of sensors that I think will be a bad user experience.

Specifically, instead of using glass break sensors on windows, he wants to use what he's calling "virtual blinds." These are motion sensors that cover a plane parallel to the window on the inside of the house and are triggered if the plane is broken by an object. The plane runs only a few inches from the window's surface.

My concern is this: if the "virtual blinds" are only enabled for AWAY mode, then the client is vulnerable to break-ins when home (which the client agrees is a bad thing.) And, if they are enabled for STAY mode, then there will be nuisance tripping (which the client doesn't seem to have a strong opinion on at this point.)

Am I standing on solid ground if I push for glass break sensors instead of these "virtual blinds?"

Last edited by crosen on December 13, 2017 13:07.
If it's not simple, it's not sufficiently advanced.

Hosting Services by ipHouse