The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Monday December 11, 2017 at 17:39
PatMac
Long Time Member
February 2014
I just had a nearly IDENTICAL issue on the IDENTICAL Pace/Xfinity model. However, I was using the URC system. My issue was with Favorite channels misfiring. I spent a few quality hours at the customer's home Saturday morning. I tried numerous tricks that tech support directed me to perform. The last thing on the list was to move the IR emitter VERY small distances (1/4" at time) until the problem stopped. Before I arrived, the Favorite channel misfires were occurring about every 3-5 attempts. After the re-positioning of the emitter, I went through 80-100 Favorite channel macros with 100% accuracy. That box is the worst I have seen for compatibility. It's too easy to overload the IR. I told the customer, after I finished, that the cable box will have to be replaced if it occurs again.
Before going to the customer's home, I tried the macros on a similar (not identical) Pace cable box in my home. It worked perfectly, so I knew it wasn't my programming.
I have a post that is still up about URC codes 195 and 202 if you are interested.
Good luck!

Hosting Services by ipHouse