Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Sunday December 10, 2017 at 10:56
SB Smarthomes
July 2007
Fires continue to be a threat here... the entire town was without power again off & on through the night.  Schools will still be closed on Monday and some services like trash pickup have been suspended.

My house is still out of harms way, but as the fire developed last night I have many more friends and clients who evacuated during the night or are evacuating now.  Enough ash has fallen to cover everything in what looks like a light dusting of snow.

Friday I drove down to Ventura to check on a job at the beach and was able to see everything that had burned along the 101 highway during the previous 2 days... most of the fires were out along that section, but still small pockets of flames along the road and in the median that were still burning.

Unfortunately one of the employees at my Lutron rep firm lost his house.  They were able to make it to safety and used their surveillance cams to watch their house burn until the power/internet went out.

I'm taking calls and texts from clients this morning who are evacuating and trying to prepare their properties for being away for a few days.  Using the WattBox stuff to proactively shut down equipment to try and protect it from all the power events that have been happening.  I'm already aware of two damaged TVs and one damaged AVR that seem to have failed because of power related issues.
www.sbsmarthomes.com
Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Hosting Services by ipHouse