The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Friday December 8, 2017 at 07:23
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On December 7, 2017 at 16:56, mrtristan said...
It's just that yesterday I thought I'd take a break from Sonos try to get MusicCast working in an installation. Sold them a Music Cast amp to work with a Two Zone Yamaha receiver with MusicCast. What a nightmare that is with Spotify. I was embarrassed at how difficult it was. So much easier with Sonos isn't it?

Right after that I set up a single zone Sonos system with Spotify premium. That was really fun setting up a crapload of accounts while the customer could not remember iTunes password to download Spotify app. To add to that the customer's iOs was out of date so I had to wait an eternity to update while other jobs were waiting for the rest of the day. How is anyone supposed to figure this out without hiring someone. It's all pretty f**k'd up.

I swear there has to be a better job out there, I'm done with all this.

That's a Spotify/Yamaha matter, from what I was told- Spotify won't allow the MusicCast app to work the way we want/need (licensing issue). OTOH, that came from Yamaha, so it's a bit like the Emo Phillips bit where he says "I used to think my brain was the smartest organ in my body, but then I realized what was telling me this".
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse