The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Thursday December 7, 2017 at 13:01
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On December 6, 2017 at 16:02, Brad Humphrey said...
If you get a box that is missing ANYTHING that originally came with it; that is obviously unacceptable!
If you get product that does not look brand new in anyway (scratches, dirt, scuffs, etc.); also unacceptable.
If you get a product that has been clearly sold before (was officially registered, which would affect warranty & claims); unacceptable.

All three of those things should cause an immediate big-ass loud complaint because all three of those things will be noticed when on site, miles and hours from the distributor, and will often necessitate an additional day to be spent to complete the installation.

It sounds like you have been getting a lot of the latter. I would have a heated conversation about new vs. used with the distributor.

Heated conversation. On the sales floor. Yeah. That's the words I was trying to think of.

If they want to offer discounts on the 'used' equipment they have, great.

Which also means I'll never "discover" it in the client's home.

This entire issue is why I'm so against recommendations I've heard here that before we take, say... a Denon receiver to a client's home, we should open it in the shop and take an hour to update the firmware.

This does two things: it requires that we deliver open cartons to the client's home, and it hides work hat the receiver requires, making it hard or impossible to charge for.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse