Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Wednesday December 6, 2017 at 16:02
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
You are giving 2 very different examples.

If a distributor opens a box to look at, check out features and how it works, etc.; then this is perfectly fine. As long as it is all boxed back up perfectly as it was from the factory.

If you get a box that is missing ANYTHING that originally came with it; that is obviously unacceptable!
If you get product that does not look brand new in anyway (scratches, dirt, scuffs, etc.); also unacceptable.
If you get a product that has been clearly sold before (was officially registered, which would affect warranty & claims); unacceptable.

It sounds like you have been getting a lot of the latter. I would have a heated conversation about new vs. used with the distributor. If they want to offer discounts on the 'used' equipment they have, great. But if I order new, I damn well better get new (or acceptable new). Otherwise it is time to terminate the account and move on.
In my 25 years of doing this now, I have closed accounts with 7 distributors that had unacceptable business practices or gross incompetence that affected me directly. Not to bad I guess, considering how many there have been in the industry during that time frame. And it's funny to note, almost 1/2 of those went bankrupt eventually and are no longer around.

Hosting Services by ipHouse