The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Thursday November 30, 2017 at 11:07
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On November 30, 2017 at 10:56, Fins said...
I think you’ve all missed the biggest difference between us and the designer. It’s the wife factor. I would say that everyone of us here that has gone through buying or building a home with a wife said “sure, whatever” to at least 90% of the decorating decisions. Most men will go along with whatever their wife wants for design and decor if we can have one room in an unfinished basement where we can have a big tv, the chair we love, and no one bothering us.

As for what we provide, wives rarely appreciate, at least at the beginning. I tell wives all the time, husbands buy our products and services, but it ends up the wives that appreciate it and actually use our systems. It’s wives that really like easy whole house music and a tv that works with one button. But, we have to get to the finished stage for them to understand this.

Not missed, at all- "Happy wife, happy life", right? However, some husbands are not willing to lose some things and that can and does include their music. When I was discussing the upcoming changes with the guy who has all of the equipment spread through the house, his wife walked past and said "You guys are such dorks!"- we just nodded in agreement, saying "Yes, yes we are". Their daughter was the one who sat next to me while I was setting up the remote in 2007- looked at it, reached out and pressed the Play DVD button, pressed play and then sat back to watch a movie. She was 3 years old!

It's important to listen, more than just about anything else. We also need to make sure we discuss this with both present, rather than finish and have one turn into a screaming banshee. It's also important to pay attention to the one who's responsible for the family's income- sometimes, it's both, other times, it's only one but our job is to solve problems and make the client happy with us and what we do.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse