The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Thursday November 23, 2017 at 11:44
cgroth
Founding Member
April 2002
On November 23, 2017 at 11:01, tomciara said...
Send to URC, it will cost you but it's broken.

Yeah, I have thought about it, but I am just wondering if it is worth it? I am sure it will end up taking months, probably cost at least $ 200 by the time it is shipped both ways and import taxes paid (again), and I have sort of lost confidence both in URC and this remote now. So I have a feeling it might be throwing good money after bad? I might sound overly negative, but it is the second piece of cr*p unit in a row for me now.

Are the rest of you guys happy with the quality of the product and the support from URC. Is it possible I have just been really unlucky twice?

Right now I just expect I'll send it over the pond, at a cost of $ 50 probably, then I will be told the unit is broken and cannot be repaired, and is out of warranty (either because it might be more than a year old (although I bought it new 6 months ago I don't know when it was produced) or because I did not buy it from an authorized dealer). Then I will still be without a working remote (indeed even without a remote that can at least be used once to chase away the neighbours cat when it comes into my garden, about the only thing this remote seems good for), and I will be $ 50 poorer than I am now?

Hope there are no shrinks reading this, I am sure this has made me depressed and it is obvious to you guys...

Thanks for all the help and suggestions though!

Hosting Services by ipHouse