The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Thursday November 23, 2017 at 03:18
cgroth
Founding Member
April 2002
On November 22, 2017 at 12:13, DJ Garcia said...
I take it you've tried removing the battery then connecting the USB cable without it and see if it connects?

Yes I have. It does not connect in the sense that the PC and the remote 'see' each other (I cannot connect through the software and the PC does not make the normal USB connection sound), but they do connect in an 'electrical' sense, as the remote does draw power from the PC and resets. But once it has finished resetting it goes back in to its comatose state with the screen on, but greyed out. Two perhaps interesting and/or relevant facts:

1. The screen no longer switches off, it remains on and greyed out until the battery is empty. It can then be charged normally.

2. If I press and hold MAIN and ENT for a very long time during the resetting when I place it back in the charger after the battery has emptied, it will, after finishing its resetting and going back to the grey screen, show some minor signs of life every 3 seconds or so, when the keys light up briefly for a 1/10 of a second. This will go on for about a minute.

Hosting Services by ipHouse