Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday November 22, 2017 at 16:05
buzz
May 2003
Occasionally, I'll engage with a caller. Particularly, the ones that claim my computer is causing trouble on the Internet and they need to log on to my computer in order to fix this. In one case I recognized the voice from a previous call. In the earlier call I asked "what is my IP address". This was very flustering and I had to be transferred to a "supervisor". Evidently, they learned from that past experience because this time the caller was on top of the situation and replied "192.168.1.1" (er ... , not even close) I didn't have time to twist him any further and ended the call.

Years ago I had a crew call me over a period of several hours, first to see if I had a particular cassette deck in stock. This was to be a gift for a nephew. They called back to and gave a credit card over the phone -- in order to ensure that they could pick it up quickly because they were short on time. The card was invalid. They called back with another card, and again with "an uncle's" card. By this time I had caught on -- they were dumpster diving for old credit card imprints that were hard to read. Finally, they simply asked if I would be part of the scam. The final number that they gave seemed legit, and I reported this to the credit card security team.

Hosting Services by ipHouse