The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Wednesday November 22, 2017 at 10:14
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On November 22, 2017 at 00:33, amirm said...
And he left back in 2012 and was appointed to the commission during Obama's presidency and unanimously approved for that position and recent one to Chairman by the senate.

If someone left your company and did something you want people to boycott your business five years later???

You are talking about AT&T and Warner merger. That is not what is being discussed. AT&T is trying to bundle DirecTV streaming for data-free on their wireless service. So they are the ones asking for such de-regulation and benefit immediately. Verizon is not so situated and hence my comment about AT&T being the one to "go after" if there is somebody to go after.

Hey! I was only offering a possible reason for people hating him!

You know how people attach blame for things done in the past, right?

And this thread is about net neutrality, which would allow control over who gets to connect with what, for how long and at what cost. Once someone is in control of the internet, it will be time to create a new one and that would be damned difficult.

What don't you get? ATT doesn't install copper wire, anymore. If they can get people to convert to only streaming content, they won't need set top boxes and won't need satellites, except to relay the signal. More simple installation (internet only) saves money. They're already replacing copper with fiber and it's only a matter of time until they're using fiber to the building for everything. They have been trying to get people to use DirecTV, rather than U-Verse and they ARE the 800 pound gorilla, in many areas. If they add T-W, they'll be the 2000 pound gorilla.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse