The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Wednesday November 22, 2017 at 02:50
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Amir, can you explain what this means? I know, I know, I'm reading the words... but I cannot make sense of it:
On November 22, 2017 at 00:33, amirm said...
AT&T is trying to bundle DirecTV streaming for data-free on their wireless service.

What is "streaming for data-free"? The want to bundle DirecTV streaming... AS data? And free? On their wireless service, so they want to stream only to phones? Sorry, I just don't get it.

So they are the ones asking for such de-regulation and benefit immediately.

It's been said that the deregulation allows carriers to charge different rates for different sites. How does this benefit AT&T, since customers would likely reject being asked to pay more?

Here's another FLASH announcement. The scoop, as Lois Lane would have said:

The FCC just announced its plan to slash net neutrality rules, allowing ISPs like Verizon to block apps, slow websites, and charge fees to control what you see & do online. They vote December 14th. But if Congress gets enough calls, *they* can stop the FCC.

So... let's say AT&T really wants this. Does that mean that this description of the situation is wrong?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse