The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Tuesday November 21, 2017 at 16:22
imt
Long Time Member
June 2007
So just to clarify. This is not an issue when 2 remotes are being used at the same time (cross talk). Issue happens if I just use the 1 remote (theater) in the theater and it triggers those same components in the family room above.

I did call URC and the RF setting dial only applies to the initial string sent by the remote and once that RF connection is open it will then reply to any RF command sent from any remote picked up by the antenna if its in range. RTI skips this issue by programming commands on the processor itself and then you send trigger commands from remote to the specific processor. They said it won't make a difference if the RF setting on the base station is more separated

The remotes were originally programmed to send both IR from remote and RF commands to the processor for each of the devices. So, I downloaded the programming from the theater and turned off the direct IR. I brought the theater remote upstairs to the family room and then had no issue controlling the cable box or receiver, since they are same brands/models, via the RF trigger commands. I also held my hand over the remotes IR sensor to be 100% sure. However, when I did the reverse and brought the family room remote down to the theater It did NOT control via RF. That remote still had its direct IR turned on so it only controlled the components when I pointed the remote at the rack.

So.. here is what I am thinking:

1) The Theater uses an MRX2 and the other 2 rooms use MRF350's. Maybe there is some issue with an RF code setting for the MRX2 not being recognized by an MRF350. Thus. the Theater remote is triggering the MRF-350 but not vice versa.

2) I never got a chance to see if there is any RF interference with the current antenna placement in the Family room by setting the base station of the MRF350 to zero to verify. Not sure if there is constant interference present if that would allow the commands from the Theater remote to pass through (i.e. this is triggering the RF to be /remain open and ignore the RF base station code).

3) I can try making the theater as a standalone project in CCP and delete the other base stations from the project and then see if that makes a difference.

Short of having him buy a whole new remote and base station to use the "i" version to avoid RF issue, not sure what else.

I wish he came to me in the first place cause I would have done this in TC and there would have been zero issues.

Hosting Services by ipHouse