The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Monday November 20, 2017 at 15:37
cgroth
Founding Member
April 2002
Yes the screen works, because whenever I reset it (by taking out the battery), it (the screen) works fine. I don't think this is a hardware problem. But without any way of resetting it through hardware I guess there's no way of overcoming a software crash? Strange thing was that I had a working file, just made a minor adjustment,changed the input command from on my TV from HDMI2 to HDMI3, so I can't see how that should crash the software either?!

There are no dealers of this in my country, so I bough the remote brand new from a US internet site (eBay or Amazon) about 6 months ago. Price, shipping and import tax all cost me about USD 750 I think, so I am extremely disappointed. Don't believe I will ever get anywhere with a warranty claim, so I guess it's one for the garbage :-( Just like my MX-900 that fell from a coffee table of one foot height onto a relatively soft wooden floor. No visible damage, but stopped working. Have had 8-10 MX-3000s over the years, very happy with them, but seems I must 'downgrade' to Harmony or some other reliable and stable product, although not as flexible at least they work and are supported globally.

I really appreciate the support of this site, my negative tone is directed at the product, and possibly the company producing it, that doesn't really step up in my opinion. Yes yes yes, I know I am supposed to buy through an authorized dealer, but URC itself has admitted that there are none in Norway. There is one in Sweden, but that is like asking those of you in the US to go to Canada to buy it... :-)

Hosting Services by ipHouse