The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Saturday November 18, 2017 at 19:35
roddymcg
Loyal Member
September 2003
On November 18, 2017 at 19:11, highfigh said...
I have been a member for years- the differences between amps is often hard to hear when they're run at far less than balls to the wall. That said, I know my Parasound sounds better than the Denon AVR I was using before- that just never did what this amp does, although the P5 preamp made a difference, too. I'm using a Yamaha WXC-50 MusicCast as my preamp and it still sounds great.

As far as calling myself an Audiopile, I don't care about that- I have a good idea of the sound I like and that's what matters. I don't think my AV equipment makes me a he-man, Dalai Lama or anything else. In fact, I'm sick of the BS in this industry.

Interesting that you linked to this article when Triad speakers were mentioned as a good choice since the writer was one of the mucky-mucks at Triad.

As long as the speakers don't present a load to the amp that makes it puke, most amplifiers will be fine. If it can weld, even better.

When the client is in their favorite chair and they have a smile on their face listening to their system then they have made the right decision. Whether this be an AVR with in-ceiling speakers, a 6 figure system, or a 7 figure system.

Paul and I have mutual friends in the industry and have become Facebook friends. I read his stuff and chat with him all the time there. Also being a big Triad fan and dealer since the early 2000's. I've learned a lot from him and share this knowledge when on a project.
When good enough is not good enough.

Hosting Services by ipHouse