The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Saturday November 18, 2017 at 14:14
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On November 18, 2017 at 10:38, Ernie Gilman said...
That would make them less busy?

?
I hear from this that their solution, then, is just to do less business. Refuse customers. That pesky prewire problem only exists if you're doing systems.

Isn't that a bit ridiculous?

Years ago Circuit City had a problem with overhead. They cured that by firing their salespeople. That lowered the overhead!

Looking seriously, though, how do you calculate how much to raise your prices so that you earn at least as much money as now, while doing fewer jobs so you have less prewire to cope with?

I'm actually not serious at this point. That was just a bit of trolling. I don't think the solution is to do things to discourage people from wanting their services. The solution is to find someone else to do them, which is where they're heading.

More $/job=less hassles and less time crunch because some people won't want to pay the higher price. The only way to do more at the current state is to hire more people, work longer or work faster and the contractor's motto applies here ("You can have fast, cheap and good- pick two because you can't have all three"). Assuming the level of quality is to be maintained, more can't happen.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse