The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Saturday November 18, 2017 at 07:40
3PedalMINI
Loyal Member
July 2009
On November 18, 2017 at 02:21, Ernie Gilman said...
Uhhhh... house wide?
That usually means less than the best speakers, placed in such a way that there's no decent imaging from speakers. In rooms where people can't sit in the sweet spot or they move around as they listen.

The amps might present great audio imaging, but will the room arrangement, speaker models and speaker placement will do justice to the amps?

That also usually means more than one speaker on an amp channel.

Is the quality of the amp really that important when all factors are considered?

I have a few housewide installs with James SA speakers. Those houses are the best sounding DA Systems I have ever heard. The kitchen has 4 SA speakers and a sub. So no, DA doesn’t have to sound bad, the client just has to have the budget for it. A few years ago I did a house with all KEF CI200qrs powered by audio control amps. It was the best of both worlds.

I’m excited to try the new triad amp, I still think Audio control makes the best multichannel amp out. Would be nice to hear how they compare!
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse