The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Friday November 17, 2017 at 14:03
cgroth
Founding Member
April 2002
Hi, I solved the issue eventually, by moving the CCP files to a different folder on my PC. Don't know why that made any difference, but it did.

However, when I wanted to make a small change to my file today, and I first updated the RCC, after a successful download (according to the pop up windows on the PC, and the Please Wait - MX 990 message on the remote screen, followed by the sound it always makes after updating, the remote screen went black, and the remote seems to have died. I have removed the battery multiple times, and the same thing happens every time I reinsert it, the screen wakes up, if shows MX-990 and Please Wait, then the progress bar completes, it makes the usual sound, and goes black. It neither reacts to keypresses nor attempts to connect via the syncing cable, but it does have contact with the cable and the pc (it starts up without the battery whenever I insert the cable, but it behaves in the same way).

Can anyone give me any good ideas about what might be wrong, and any tips on how to fix it? I am unable to operate even my the simplest functions on my home entertainment system without the remote, and living in Norway there are no distributors or anyone here who can fix it...

Hosting Services by ipHouse