Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday November 15, 2017 at 18:54
Audiophiliac
August 2006
I have been wanting to try one of these out. Does anyone have any experience with it? It seems like with the way Spotify, Pandora, and others are going with their native apps, using Airplay or Google Cast, you can listen to whatever you want from your own device, and not be married to a 3rd party device like SONOS (sure...insert HEOS or whatever here).

You get 3 or 6 sources/zones, depending on which one you get. You stream to the room you are in, or group rooms on the fly. You get 2 preouts you can send to an AVR or external amp. These can be linked in software so you could sub-zone if the case warranted it. With the existing C4 and RTI driver, they are saying it becomes an 8x6 matrix amplifier. Not sure if that means you can control grouping within the unit vs. using whatever streaming device you are using as the source or what.

It is basically 6 airport expresses, 6 Chromecasts, and 6 "Spotify Connects", with an amplifier and some bonus features. The only thing I wish it had is a doorbell/page input and trigger. I think they told me that if you stack multiples, zone grouping is limited to zones on a single chassis. So that might be a limitation on larger installs.

Good idea or asking for problems? :)
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse