The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 36 made on Wednesday November 15, 2017 at 08:09
3PedalMINI
Loyal Member
July 2009
You guys are so Lutron blind your not understanding what I am saying here. Clearly I’m not explaining this right. I AM NOT SELLING caseta in anything other then budget theaters or kitchens. We have a electric supply house that pushes caseta (used to be RA) to a lot of electricians. My area has a lot of renovations and electricians are installing caseta in droves. 7/10 jobs I look at are getting caseta.

Mainly because it helps them by not having to run an3way circuit for a kitchen or other rooms. You know as well as I do I’m called in to late to pitch lighting control as it’s already been speced.

Honestly explain to me how in that situation would you say hey! My lighting is better then theirs because they look better? Yet it does the same things! Worth $180 a switch more? Hey! Let’s take that savings since it’s already been Aloted with the electrician and put that towards a Small Aperature System. Let’s lose their Pico and I’ll teplaxe with a keypad that can be engraved!

You guys are just not getting it, this “Walmart System” is truely powerful and not that much different from RA2 select. If you saw caseta in a house already would you say let’s rip it out? Or say my control system can control that, we can do some cool things with it! In my case since I don’t see the switches and using keypads to activste scenes what am I losing out? Seriously, nobody has been able to explain to me why it’s wrong for MY house and system?

I am frustrated not that caseta can’t be expanded, but yet frustrated that IF a client has a caseta system in their home I can’t say hey we’re getting close to your limit, let’s move you to Select, we can still use your current switches but the new ones will be part of the RA line. I think why Lutron is doing it is because nobody will see the difference between the two switches, end users are dumb. They will say “this is $180 a switch and it does exactly the same thing as my 54.95 switch from Lowes”?!?! It just “looks nicer”?

I don’t know about areas other then the PHL market, BUT Lutron has been advertising caseta on HGTV and is a sponsor of This Old House. You know as well as I do that as soon as they see caseta quoted or in the aisles it will click!
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse