Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Tuesday November 14, 2017 at 18:26
SWFLMike
Long Time Member
January 2007
Sonos, ohhhh Sonos...

They've always updated way too often, it seems, but the latest UI's have been really not too good. Younger folks can roll with it, but many of my customers are older = Deer. In. The. Headlights. I *hate* doing demos with customers, and running across a change that I'm not familiar with. "To do that, you just go...oh...um...I mean...hang on...oh yeah, that's how you do that now..."

When Alexa capabilities rolled out, it required you to register with an account and confirm with an e-mail (to the customer). If you're banging through an install, that'll put the brakes on in a hurry. Many of my customers are snowbirds, so they're not always around. Sonos used to be fast, fast, fast...

Then today, they duffed an update deployment apparently. When I called they said that they sent the update to the app store, but the app store didn't release it. Result? A message that says, "A Sonos update has been released, but is not yet available from the App Store", which is silly and would be fine if there was a 'Return to Controller' option. But there isn't, so you get stuck in a loop, and your stuff doesn't work (to be fair, I was later told you could get past that using the desktop app).

The 'update NOW or your stuff doesn't function' option doesn't sit well with me, and it happens waaaaay too often with Sonos. I realized the other day that I sell a LOT of it - but I don't own any of it myself. Even with this latest round of employee incentives, I won't buy it.

So yeah...glad this thread came up...

Hosting Services by ipHouse