The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Tuesday November 14, 2017 at 10:11
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On November 13, 2017 at 20:43, Audiophiliac said...
Closet is 6 X 2 X 8. 351 CFM is at max speed which I hope not too need very much...... maybe on the hottest days of summer when the closet gets pretty warm.

I will just put it in and crank it up and see how it sucks and blows. :) It is not rocket science. Just thermo and fluid dynamics. No biggie.

I do not know the BTU load of each component. I could try finding those numbers I suppose. But it seems that there are different ideas when it comes to how much air you need to move for a given BTU load. Middle Atlantic, ATM, Cool Components, ACInfinity, all have different figures and explanations on what is the right way to do it.

I hope this is not a hoax!

Check with the equipment manufacturers and ask for architectural specs- if they have those, they'll have the btu output and normal operating temperature. If the closet is centrally located, I don't know why it would be much hotter during Summer- If you keep the rack off of the back wall, it should stay cool, as long as the hot pieces are at the top, so they won't overheat the cooler pieces. Is it on the first floor, or higher? Residential?
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse