The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday November 10, 2017 at 20:27
Fins
Elite Member
June 2007
1. If an Alexa compatible camera detects motion, it can only notify you on your phone. It can’t turn on the lights, lock door locks, and send a notification to any cellphone or email that you wish. Or if your burglar alarm goes off in the middle of the night, it can’t start flashing the outdoor lights to help police locate your home. With Alexa and stand alone systems, they will never be truly smart and work together.

2. If you use Siri or google on your voice, does it work 100% of the time? I know my Alexa sure doesn’t.

3. How many people work for Comcast? How many of their employees will have the ability to access your system without you ever knowing it? Did you ever see the story where a Geek Squad employee was caught planting a camera in a cuatomer’s Bathroom?

4. Can you handle all of your own networking issues when something goes wrong? With my system, if it can’t self correct the problem by automatically rebooting, I will be notified of the problem, possibly before you even know there is a problem. Many problems can be resolved without having to visit your home.

or

That router from B.B. will work fine in my home of 2000 sq ft. Your home is five times the size with 3 levels and lots of materials like steel, stone, and concrete that will make covering the whole home a challenge. You felt your home needed a commercial grade refrigerator when a whirlpool from Home Depot would keep your milk just as cold. You need an enterprise quality network.
Civil War reenactment is LARPing for people with no imagination.

Hosting Services by ipHouse