The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday November 10, 2017 at 17:53
Hasbeen
Loyal Member
November 2007
As I'm getting more and more removed from the latest products in the CI channel, I find myself asking question as I'm working on CI websites...So if you guys can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

1.  Why should a prospective customer choose a system like Control 4 over a mix of systems say for example...Philips Hue or Caseta lighting, Sonos app, etc.  Is it about consolidating apps or is there more to it?  Tell me.

2.  If your system is using Alexa or Google for voice control, why can't I just cut out your system and let Alexa handle everything...like talking to Philips Hue light bulbs?

3.  Why is your security app for cameras or security system better than that of Xfinity or Vivint?

4.  Why is your WAP better than something a person can buy at BB, for example Eero?

How are you guys selling around this?

I understand that the prospective customer gets "you", and that certainly has value, but if you're steering them in a direction for specific automation products why is it?  Are the off the shelf units "buggy", are they lacking features?

What's moving the needle?

Hosting Services by ipHouse